Writing a book can take weeks, months, or even years. There truly is no time limit when it comes to perfecting a story that an author develops. However, this is only the beginning of the process. Before romance novels or any type of book can be published, the author has to first know that the story at hand is well-written, edited properly, and is something that will catch the attention of readers. But before an author can publish a book, he/she must be able to write a book that is powerful, catchy, romantic, and one that truly captivates the reader’s attention.
If you’re a new author or just one who is slowly beginning to write romance books, you may have writer’s block or maybe you just want helpful tips that will allow you to create a piece of literature that is sure to be worthwhile. Below are some tips for you to consider no matter what type of book you’re writing. From romance novels to mysteries, fantasy and erotic eBooks, all of them require the author to use basic writing tips and tricks.
1. Create and fully develop a setting – Setting is especially important in romance novels. Don’t have the book take place in one boring dull setting. Try to incorporate the setting of your story into one that plays into the love line within the book.
2. Make characters relatable and dynamic – Character development is important. Characters should be whole and they should be dynamic. It never hurts to have a static character here and there, readers often like those characters that develop and are relatable.
3. Find ways to captivate the reader – No one wants to read a boring book. Romance and erotic books should be relatable. The reader shouldn’t want to put your book down until the last page is read. Do this by using suspense, relatable characters, and a plot that grows and grows. Your plot should be a mountain or a rollercoaster, not a flat road.
4. Focus on conflict – Readers like conflict and we all know love is one big conflict in itself! Be sure to focus on adding conflict whenever possible but don’t overdo it. You want your readers to see and feel the conflict but don’t make it so obvious that the reader knows what is coming next.
5. Always tie up loose ends – Have you ever watched a movie or read a novel and still had plenty of unanswered questions? This is what most readers don’t want. It’s important to tie up any loose ends that your story may have unless you’re planning to write a series of novels that will allow all ends to be tied in other editions.
Writing a book definitely takes a lot of time and effort, but following simple writing tips can be extremely helpful. Before any romance novel can be published it has to be proofread, edited, and in some spots, rewritten. A book should flow and no publisher will want to publish a book that won’t do well on the reader’s market.
Carmella Borcher is the author of this article and is an avid fan of [http://www.ravenousromance.com/]Romance Novels – particularly Erotic Books and [http://www.ravenousromance.com/]Erotic eBooks.
Article Source: [http://EzineArticles.com/?Tips-to-Writing-Great-Romance-Novels&id=5708073] Tips to Writing
Image:© Michael Macsuga | Dreamstime.com