By Helga L Van Niekerk
1. People are interested in People
Facebook has proven that people are interested in people. They (we) spend hours peering into the lives of others in a subtle form of voyeurism. So if you are thinking of starting a daily blog, your life will change as you find things in your daily life that will interest others. That will get others coming back to see what’s happened next.
2. Consistency is Everything
If you are going to declare your blog to be ‘daily’ then you had better make it daily! There’s nothing worse than going into a daily blog and finding the last post was 6 months ago. I would suggest that you force yourself into blogging daily for a month without posting your blogs just to get into the habit. Once you are sure you can do it, get online, find a blogging site, register and off you go!
3. Social Networks Work
If you want people to read your blog, go to where they are. Start with your own profile page and post the link on your own status. Soon your own friends will view it. Post it on any other social site you are affiliated with. If you are writing about meeting a well known person and you have something nice to say about them, post a link on their social network page as well.
4. The Title of Your Blog is Really Important
The longer I blog, the more I realise the importance of the title. You want a bit of a provocative title that will draw people in. Quite often, I will sit down and write a blog and not have a title. As I get going, I soon discover a sentence of part of one that will grab a reader’s attention. It may not be a huge event from the day. In fact it may only be a passing comment, but it’s enough to get the casual observer’s attention and turn them into a regular follower of your life.
5. Blogging Can Bring Out The Real You
Don’t blog for the masses! Blog for yourself. Let what you write be the story of your life, so that in years to come you can look back and trace what has happened. You’ll find logging events from your life makes you look for things to write about. Be creative. Have fun! Let the real you come out!
Helga van Niekerk is the presenter for the Rise and Shine Show on Cape Town’s 107.5 CCFm. Helga’s life changed when she came to faith in Christ in 1979. She enjoys writing and travelling and looks forward to doing more of both.
View her blog at http://www.helgavan.com
Article Source: [daily blogging,daily blog,daily personal blog,blogging daily,daily life,Helga van Niekerk] 5 Facts About Daily Blogging
- Press Preferences – Blogging Software Explained Understanding a few of the more common blog creation software...
- Some Thoughts on Speciality Blogging Blogging is held up in many circles as the epitome...
- How Facts in an Article Improve the Credibility of the Author Article ghostwriters know that there are many tools for writing...
- 10 Ways to Screw Up Your Blog From the Start great blog,people make,share buttons,reader engaged,reader feel dizzy,reader something,reader feel, ...